top of page


The little plaster models I made HERE have since been scanned, tested in Ecotect and manipulated to form the toolpaths for the first milled shell (results pictured above). The casting method I used before wasn’t very accurate in terms of controlling the thickness and edge condition of the shell. This milled shell is too small to test its acoustic performance at a 1:1 scale, but it was a useful exercise in prototyping and has been scanned for acoustic simulation and integration into a building design which is being developed in parallel to other investigations at other scales. Strategies for the proposed acoustic architecture will appear shortly in the form of diagrams, drawings and visuals. You saw it ‘ear first… (sorry… I’m fast running out of quality acoustic jokes!)


Recent Posts

See All


bottom of page